The Development Manager will be responsible for managing and implementing the development strategy for Schurig Center for Brain Injury Recovery. Reporting to the Executive Director, this person will be responsible for achieving fundraising goals by identifying and completing grant applications plus cultivating and stewarding donors at the individual and corporate level in partnership with the Executive Director and Board of Directors. Additionally, this position will be responsible for coordinating the marketing efforts of the organization, including social media, media relations, and website management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Working with the E.D. and Board of Directors, create and implement annual development plan and strategy.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential individual donors and corporate and foundation sponsors. Conduct donor stewardship activities including donor recognition and involvement.
- Develop a plan to prospect and acquire new donors with special emphasis on the acquisition of younger donors.
- Work closely with and provide support for the Executive Director with the cultivation and solicitation of Major Donors and major donor prospects
- Supervise and coordinate the work of staff members who are assisting with development and event related tasks.
- Create and update organization’s Gift Acceptance Policy.
- Administer and document Gift Works – Schurig Center’s donor database. Establish guidelines and manage ongoing clean-up to bring database up to standard.
- Ensure that legal and fiscal requirements for donation acknowledgements are met.
- Prepare donor and fundraising reports.
- Manage the planning, implementing and evaluation of events to support fundraising objectives and donor cultivation, including Annual BAM Gala. Produce materials needed for these events.
- Manage database lists for newsletters, both hard copy and electronic.
- Oversee Development section of website – ensure content is updated appropriately and timely.
- Lead Development Team meetings to develop strategies and plan activities to create and implement fund raising objectives.
- Coordinate with E.D. and Communications/Marketing consultant in the scheduling of newsletters, print articles, and other media marketing tasks.
- Oversee the creation and ongoing implementation of Schurig Center’s Planned Giving program.
- Develop and manage budget for development department and all fundraising activities.
- Research grant opportunities and assist in the completion of grant applications.
- Manage grant proposal and report calendar, working closely with the E.D. to ensure the success of Schurig Center’s grant program.
- Update the Board of Directors at all board meetings and work closely with the BOD to meet fundraising and development goals.
- Manage social media, website and other marketing projects.
- Demonstrated experience with donor relations including donor solicitation and cultivation
- Proficient in donor database management – Gift Works preferred
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated strength in written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of professionalism, promoting a positive work environment
- Experience in planning, implementing, and evaluating special events
- Social media strategy planning and implementation experience
- Grant writing
- Experience with website design and maintenance
- Previous employment in a non-profit organization
- College degree
Physical Requirements/Work Environment: Must be able to lift 15 lbs, stand for at least 1 hour, and sit at a computer workstation for long time periods.
Salary: $50,000-$60,000 Per year plus benefits
Disclaimer: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.