Schurig Center for Brain Injury Recovery is a wonderful 501(c)3 non-profit organization providing an array of therapeutic services for people whose lives have been impacted by a stroke, trauma, accident, concussion and other forms of brain injury. The organization is dedicated to providing post-hospitalization, non-medical rehabilitative and educational outpatient services to individuals and families. The mission is to improve the quality of life for survivors and their families and to raise public awareness within the community of the causes and effects of these disabilities.
The team is positive, collaborative, and fun to work with. The staff and consulting professionals include licensed mental health therapists, neuropsychologists, occupational therapists, expressive art therapists, and marketing/development personnel. The team is small in number and highly collaborative. The center is located in Larkspur near a walking path, estuary, and is surrounded by a beautiful garden.
We are currently seeking an Office Manager. The Office Manager is the nucleus of the organization, being the first contact for people calling or coming into the Center. This role tends to be the heart of the team, assisting other staff members with a variety of tasks and making sure operations run smoothly each day. In addition to developing relationships with the team, including the Board of Directors, this position interacts daily with clients and families who access services. It is a beautiful blend of organizational work and connection with clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Executive Director and Development Manager with general administrative and organizational tasks
- Assist with Human Resource tasks
- Support program staff when needed
- Assist with tracking of donations and updating donor database (GiftWorks)
- Track sales of items sold onsite & at community events (involves use of credit card machine and Square)
- Track data and compile reports for grant applications
- Assist with coordination of printing and distribution of bulk mailings
- Order and track office supplies
- Coordinate building maintenance issues
- Coordinate artwork product development and sales with Art Program Director
- Work closely with special events team for Annual Gala, ie., coordination and execution
- Work collaboratively with other staff to ensure that the mission of Schurig Center is realized
- Coordinate and screen volunteers
- Previous administrative experience (at least 3 years)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word (including Access preferred)
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills a must.
- Ability to interact effectively and supportively with adults with disabilities
- Ability to troubleshoot technical & computer issues
- Calm, professional and positive demeanor
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively within a small team structure
- Able to lift 25lbs.
- Experience working in a non-profit setting
- Experience working in an environment with disabled clients