Let’s roll ’em for healing!
Inaugural Bocce Ball Tournament
Saturday, October 15, 2022
10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Marin Bocce Federation
550 B Street, San Rafael
Sponsorships are available now!
Become a sponsor and help Schurig Center get the ball rolling for our first ever bocce ball tournament! Your sponsorship turns into healing for hundreds of people this year as they adjust to life changes after a brain injury. For more information or to confirm your participation as a sponsor, please contact Angela Abbey at (415) 461-6771 x103 or firstname.lastname@example.org or complete a reservation form found [here].
Welcome & Thank You to Our First Sponsor
Enjoy a Family-Friendly Day of Bocce Play & Community Connection
Join us for an outdoor, family-friendly day of fun as teams compete in Schurig Center’s inaugural Bocce Ball Tournament. A maximum of 20 teams of 4 players will compete in a friendly tournament-style competition while guests cheer them on. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. The winner will earn a fun prize and bragging rights as the first ever “Bocce for Brains” champ. Players of all skill levels are welcome. Players 8 years and older can participate on your team. However, there will not be a separate children’s tournament and children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Want to come for the fun, but don’t want to play?
Spectator Tickets are available for those who would like to attend, cheer on the teams, and socialize. Lunch and refreshments are included. You’re welcome to join us for all or part of the day. Reservations required.
All Proceeds Benefit Schurig Center
While you’re having fun playing or cheering, you’ll also be helping to improve the quality of life for your fellow community members living with the effects of a brain injury, like a TBI, concussion, or stroke.
Please Reserve by October 10
Team of 4 – $300
Individual Player – $75
Individual players may be combined to create teams of four.
Adult – $45
Child (age 12 and under) – $20
To purchase tickets, sponsor, or donate: please print and mail a reservation form or reserve online using the button links below. Or, contact the Schurig Center office at (415) 461-6771 or email@example.com.
Tentative Event Schedule
- 10:00 am – Registration and practice: Marin Bocce staff will give brief instruction about how to play.
- 10:30 am – Game Play: Each team will be placed in a bracket for the morning games and have the opportunity to play three games. Each game will be limited to 20 minutes of play. The top four teams with the most points earned during morning play will advance to the Semi-Finals.
- 12:30 pm – Lunch
- 1:30 pm – Semi-Final Game (Top 4 Teams)
- 2:00 pm – Final Game
- 2:30 pm – Winner presentation
A few additional details about the day…
- Tournament space is limited to a maximum 20 teams of 4 players.
- Individual players may be combined to form teams of 4.
- Players 8 years or older are welcome to play on your team. However, there will not be a separate children’s tournament. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times on the Marin Bocce Federation grounds.
- Soft soled shoes are required.
- Dogs and other animals are not allowed on Marin Bocce Federation’s grounds. Only ADA trained service animals are permitted.
- Weather Cancellation: If the event is cancelled due to rain, unless a refund is requested, the entry fee will be considered a donation to Schurig Center.