A Year of Healing & Connection Made Possible by You
Thanks to the support of caring people like you, Schurig Center successfully navigated our 38th year of helping people adjust to a changed life after brain injury. Our unique array of services is not available anywhere else in Marin or the Bay Area, and they are powered by community generosity. Without you, the healing that happens at Schurig Center truly would not be possible. Below are just a few highlights from this past year that we accomplished together.
[ Fiscal Year Time Period – August 1, 2022 to July 31, 2023 ]
You Helped Survivors Reach Their Goals and Improve Their Abilities
- 96% of participants accomplished their goals during the year.
- An array of 23 weekly therapeutic, educational, and supportive classes/groups
were offered, serving 173 people.
- New life skills classes were added in the daily CORE Therapeutic Program,
helping participants improve their abilities in their activities of daily living.
- A hybrid service model continued to be successfully offered with 59% of classes
and groups hosted online and 41% offered in person. More classes were offered
in person than the previous year because participants are increasingly expressing
a desire to want to return to in-person programs.
You Helped People Connect with Community and Feel Less Alone
- 85 survivors and family members/caregivers benefitted from connection with
peers in weekly support groups led by licensed professionals.
- 375 callers were assisted with resource referrals, consultation, and other services.
- Group outings were hosted for clients, such as visits to community organizations
and other recreational activities. These outings help connect people affected by
brain injury with the greater community. It also provide opportunities for
participants to improve their relationship building and communication skills.
You Supported Access to Care
- Outreach was expanded to Spanish-speaking community members and staffing
hours were increased for the bilingual resource specialist position.
- Scholarships were provided to 53% of clients attending classes and groups.
- 40% of our service array was offered free of charge, including resource referral
assistance, consultation, brain injury handbook, and online concussion education.
You helped improve hundreds of lives this past year!
* Federal government funding consists of a one-time Employee Retention Tax Credit of $110,000.
Total Assets $878,278
Building Depreciation $50,698 (not included in expense total)