You are not alone. We are still here to help.
Remote services are available now!
Schurig Center’s doors are closed to on-site services, but our services remain open! Most of our services continue to be offered remotely via Zoom or phone.
Schurig Center offers an array of rehabilitative and supportive services to help survivors and their families adjust to a changed life after a brain injury, like traumatic brain injury, concussion, stroke, tumor, lack of oxygen, accident, and other causes. We are a non-medical, community-based center that picks up where the healthcare system leaves off to help people continue their journey to recovery after they’ve completed initial rehabilitation. Services are facilitated by trained professionals with experience in the field of brain injury or whose training is applicable to the needs of our clients. Services are offered at very affordable rates and scholarships are available for those in need.
Connect with us today. You don’t need a referral from a doctor!
To get started, all you have to do is give us a call at (415) 461-6771 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, click on any of the blue links below to learn more.
Support to Help Rebuild Skills & Re-Engage in Life with New Purpose
- Brain Injury Information Handbook (hard copy & pdf file available)
- Individual & Family Consultation
- Art Therapy
- CogEX Computer-based Class
- Post-Concussion Education Class
- CogSmart Class
- CORE Therapeutic Program (Golden Gate Regional Center eligible)
- Speech Therapy & Aphasia Classes
- Occupational Therapy
- Resource Referral Assistance
A Community Who Understands
- Family Caregiver Education & Support Group
- Survivor Education Support Group
- A welcoming community center atmosphere where all are accepted as they are
Education for Professionals & the Community
- Concussion Education Program
- Member of ConcussionSmart Marin (ConcussionSmartMarin.org)
- Brain Health & Injury Prevention Presentations for Community Groups
- Internship Training & Fieldwork Program
What Makes Our Programs Unique
- Based on neuroscience and current rehabilitative knowledge, our programs have come to be known as a model in the field of brain injury recovery.
- We offer a holistic approach designed to support each person’s cognitive, social, psychological, physical, and spiritual well-being.
- We individualize each participant’s program to address his/her particular ability level and needs.
- Participants are encouraged to identify short- and long-term achievable goals. Their progress toward these goals is reviewed regularly.
- We provide opportunities for creative expression and strive to help people discover new areas of growth and possibility.
- Our center is a nurturing environment where each participant feels supported and accepted as the person that he or she is now.