Rehabilitation, Brain Injury Education, & Support
Harnessing the healing power of community, we help people adjust to a changed life and thrive.
Schurig Center is a non-medical, community-based center that picks up where the healthcare system leaves off to help people continue their journey to recovery from brain injury after they’ve completed initial rehabilitation. We serve adults and their family members living with the effects of an acquired brain injury, like traumatic brain injury, concussion, stroke, tumor, lack of oxygen, accident, and other causes.
Our services are facilitated by trained professionals with experience in the field of brain injury or whose training is applicable to the needs of our clients. Services are offered at affordable rates and scholarships are available for those in need. A doctor’s referral is not needed to attend our programs.
What Makes Our Programs Unique
- Based on neuroscience and current rehabilitative knowledge, our programs have come to be known as a model in the field of brain injury recovery.
- Our center is a nurturing environment where each participant feels supported and accepted as the person that he or she is now.
- We offer a holistic approach designed to support each person’s cognitive, social, psychological, physical, and spiritual well-being.
- We individualize each participant’s program to address his/her particular ability level and needs.
- Participants are encouraged to identify short- and long-term achievable goals. Their progress toward these goals is reviewed regularly.
- We provide opportunities for creative expression and strive to help people discover new areas of growth and possibility.
Our Current Service Offering
Support to Help Rebuild Skills & Re-Engage in Life with New Purpose
- Brain Injury Information Handbook (hard copy & pdf file available)
- Individual & Family Consultation
- Art Therapy
- CogEX Computer-based Class
- Post-Concussion Education Class
- CogSmart Class
- CORE Therapeutic Program (Golden Gate Regional Center eligible)
- Speech Therapy & Aphasia Classes
- Resource Referral Assistance
A Community Who Understands
- Family Caregiver Education & Support Group
- Survivor Education Support Group
- A welcoming community center atmosphere where all are accepted as they are
Education for Professionals & the Community
- Concussion Education Program
- Member of ConcussionSmart Marin (ConcussionSmartMarin.org)
- Brain Health & Injury Prevention Presentations for Community Groups
- Internship Training & Fieldwork Program
Connect with us today.
You don’t need a doctor’s referral.
To get started, all you have to do is give us a call at (415) 461-6771 or email email@example.com. Our Intake & Resource Coordinator will connect with you to discuss your interests and determine which classes offered at Schurig Center might be of most benefit to you.