Donating your vehicle is a great way to support Schurig Center while avoiding the hassle of selling to a private party or dealing with used car salespeople over a trade-in. With free door-to-door service, vehicle donors never pay out of pocket when donating. It’s easy!
Here’s how it works:
- Call Donate For Charity at 1-866-392-4483 or visit Schurig Center’s donateforcharity.com page to give vehicle and pickup information.
- A towing company will call you within 24 hours to arrange pickup of your vehicle. Pickup usually occurs within 24 to 72 hours after the towing company contacts the donor.
- Donate For Charity will mail an initial donation acceptance letter to you.
- Your vehicle will be towed to an auction site or picked up by a salvage company for parts.
- Your vehicle will be sold for a value. The net amount is paid to Donate For Charity after deductions from the auction or salvage yard.
- You’ll receive a final receipt for the gross selling price to be filed with your tax return for the year in which the donation occurred.
- Schurig Center will receive a net check approximately three weeks after the auction or pickup from the salvage company.
Visit Schurig Center’s Donate For Charity page to start your donation or learn more about how to donate your vehicle.