Schurig Center for Brain Injury Recovery is currently seeking a creative and compassionate Support Group Facilitator to join our team of dedicated professionals.
Are you accepting, empathetic, and supportive?
Are you a better listener than a talker?
Passionate about helping people adapt to the changes in their life after trauma?
Our small and highly collaborative team is positive and fun to work with. The staff and consulting professionals include licensed mental health therapists, neuropsychologists, occupational therapists, expressive art therapists, and marketing and fundraising personnel. The center is located in Larkspur near a walking path, estuary, and is surrounded by a beautiful garden.
Hours: 1.5 hours/ per week (1 group)
Compensation: Hourly Rate TBD based on experience
- Leading weekly support groups for ABI/TBI survivors on Tuesdays from 3:15 pm to 4:45 pm.
- Consulting with Schurig Center staff, clients and other professionals as needed.
There is an additional opportunity to establish a part-time private practice offering individual and/or family sessions on-site for interested candidates.
- Licensed as a PhD/PsyD, LCSW, SLP, OTR, MFT in the state of California. Other licensed professionals with brain injury experience will also be considered.
- Experience in the field of acquired brain injury/traumatic brain injury preferred.
- Previous experience facilitating groups required.
- Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
To apply, please mail or email resume with cover letter to:
Reiko Kitamori, Program Director
Schurig Center for Brain Injury Recovery
1132 Magnolia Avenue
Larkspur, CA 94939